Top 10 Home Buying Tips...Watch This:
Krisztina’s 10 Buyer Steps
- A PHONE CONVERSATION to determine your needs.
- ENSURE YOU HAVE MORTGAGE PRE-APPROVAL (or I will help you with this process)
- PREPARE FOR FIRST MEETING. Develop your wish list, your must-have list and your location preferences (and why). If 2 people are buying, I will ask you to prepare these lists separately, and not share them until our meeting.
- SCHEDULED MEETING. If you are buying and currently not owning, this meeting will be in my offices where I can provide a professional environment. If you are buying and currently own your home, this meeting will happen in your home so that I may get a sense of your likes and dislikes about your current property and thus serve you better. We will discuss buying first vs. selling first, which option you can afford and the positives and negatives of each as determined by the market. We will make sure you understand your home value and what you’re able to take out of it financially. During this meeting we will discuss why it is beneficial to hire me as your Buyer Agent and what this means. We will finger walk through available listings, determine Fair Market Value, look at past sales, give you an understanding of List Price vs. Sale Price and ultimately pre-select 5-7 properties to view together.
- SIGN BUYER AGENCY AGREEMENT. This shows me that you are serious about purchasing a new home and that you are committing to me exclusively to represent you. Now it is my job to research the properties of interest, determine the pros and cons of each and disclose all information to you.
- VIEW PROPERTIES. We will view a maximum of 5-7 properties in one outing. If you do not like a property, we remove it from the list and do not discuss it further so we don’t confuse the homes we are looking at.
- POST-SHOWING DISCUSSION where we will select 1-3 favourites, discuss if you can picture yourself living in them, and if not – why? Re-visit as required.
REPEAT STEPS 6 & 7 AS NECESSARY
- PREPARE THE OFFER. I will put the Agreement together with you and meet to discuss. This is a legally binding document, so I will walk you through it step by step. We will include Inspections as required, disclose that financing is in place. I will also make sure you understand the possible outcomes – an Accepted Offer vs. a Sign Back vs. a Rejected Offer.
- PRESENT OFFER & DEPOSIT. I prefer to present offers in person as I believe face-to-face is always an easier way to come to an agreement.
- OFFER ACCEPTED. I will suggest lawyers for the Closing, we will take care of re-visits, be there for home inspections (or other) and make sure any conditions of the offer (ie small fixes determined by a home inspection) are met by the Seller. POP THE CHAMPAGNE!!!